What's new

Results of Assembly Boolean Always in Centimeters

W. Eppler

Even if 'Set current settings as the default settings for parts, sheet metal, and assemblies' is checked with Units/General set to Millimeters, and results of an Assembly Boolean are not saved into current assembly, the units of the resultimg assembly are always in Centimeters.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Unless you intentionally want a dumb solid you should use part Boolean features. They preserve the link to the parts so any changes are updated.

W. Eppler

The point was meant to be that the Units defaults set for parts, drawings, assemblies are not used as defaults for Assembly Boolean.
No matter what, the Assembly Boolean is created in Centimeters.

Even if 'Set current settings as the default settings for parts, sheet metal, and assemblies' is checked with Units/General set to Millimeters, and results of an Assembly Boolean are not saved into current assembly, the units of the resultimg assembly are always in Centimeters.
Yes this is an extremely annoying bug.

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
Yes this is an extremely annoying bug.
I don't think it's a bug.

I use SAT for my Dynamo integration with Alibre Design. What I found doing that work, is Alibre's SAT files default is cm and can't be changed on export. This is also the internal unit of Alibre and most CAD apps, Alibre is ACIS. You can only export SAT in cm, Alibre doesn't provide that as an option to change.
I didn't test all versions, so it's possible that they have different settings.
1706143622884.png

Last edited: