What's new

Returned

delboy

I have been retired for over 7 years now When I saw Alibre had gone away from that other crowd decided to fire up my copy and have a look on the forum.

Won't have much need for the software now I am over 80 but do the odd job now and then and also renewed my license just to keep the gray matter in trim.

Nice to see a lot of the old familiar names who have given me good advice and suggestions over the years are still here on the forum

Delboy.

Last edited:
Delboy -- Ah, another dinosaur. You must know what a ruling pen is! Do you remember when linen was the "preferred" drafting media?

delboy

Delboy -- Ah, another dinosaur. You must know what a ruling pen is! Do you remember when linen was the "preferred" drafting media?

Yes, and drawing office's with all boards facing one way so the chief draughtsman from his elevated office could see the whole area.
plus checkers and tracers and great big smelly printing machines smelling of ammonia.

I still have my Machinery's Handbook 15th edition(1959) Slide Rule plus an old pair of compasses and dividers. But after saying all that I prefer the modern CAD programmes, greatest thing since sliced bread.:)

Last edited:

delboy

Uh oh... watch out everyone... we better keep off the grass...

;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

Ha, I like it. They say you are getting old when all the policemen look younger than yourself. No that is not right it is when apprentice's you may have given a few clues to are now senior members of companies and are thinking of retiring.:)

Delboy.

Please don't tell me that I'm the only one who has a pencil in their hand whilst moving the mouse in the other. (I'm left handed though)

You mean like one of these? I was wondering what they were for now. I am told you can make pretty squiggly lines with them:)

_ELL2211Clutch Pencil & Sharpener by delboysite, on Flickr

I actually needed 2 pencils at Ferranti, one was 4H for construction lines then moved onto the HB/B for outlines and final detailing.
And, while I reminisce, you can't lean on your PC like an you could on an A0 drawing board.
Admittedly, you got graphite all over your white shirt....

Ah, those were the days. It will all be behind me in a weeks time as I'm retiring from all this.
I'm only 58, but I'll leave it to all the younger guys with their 2 monitors.....:)

Wattie

delboy

I actually needed 2 pencils at Ferranti, one was 4H for construction lines then moved onto the HB/B for outlines and final detailing.
And, while I reminisce, you can't lean on your PC like an you could on an A0 drawing board.
Admittedly, you got graphite all over your white shirt....

Ah, those were the days. It will all be behind me in a weeks time as I'm retiring from all this.
I'm only 58, but I'll leave it to all the younger guys with their 2 monitors.....:)

Wattie
Enjoy your retirement. but keep up to date with what is going on in the engineering world.
I do and I am convinced it does help to keep the old brain in trim.

Delboy.