What's new

Revision Levels of Configurations?

cclark440

Alibre Super User
Is there a way to change the revision level of just a single configuration in a part file?

It is nice to be able to auto populate info on detail drawings, but it is a bummer when you are dealing with a family of parts and need to only change one detail of one of the family.
I guess this is something I should put on the wish list.

swertel

Alibre Super User
What Configuration Management philosophy do you follow that allows you to only revise a single configuration?

cclark440

Alibre Super User
Imagine a family of parts that are threaded on one side have a taper and a hole on the other. All the threads are the same as well as the hole size. the difference is in the length.
Example:
M5 x 10 x 3 Description, M5 Threads 10mm length from threaded shoulder to face pf part, with a 3mm hole.
M5 x 12 x 3 Description, M5 Threads 12mm length from threaded shoulder to face pf part, with a 3mm hole.
M5 x 15 x 3 Description, M5 Threads 15mm length from threaded shoulder to face pf part, with a 3mm hole.

Now lets say that our customer needs to change the length of the M5 x 15 x 3 to 15.2mm. Because of their process they do not want to create a new part number, they just want the dimension changed.
Currently there is now way that I know of to uprev only that one part. IF you change the revision number, it will be reflected over the entire family of parts.

cclark440

Alibre Super User
Never Mind, It does seem to work the way that I was hoping.

I was having a problem with the drawing updating after I made the changes.

Oops!