What's new

Rotate until esc pressed -not working

Frank

Help says

Click in unoccupied space then drag. The view will rotate around the center of mass or the last set rotation point.

To turn Rotate off, press Esc or select the Select tool.
Doesnt do this - do I need a specific type of mouse , or any ideas?
Or does this mean something other than continuous rotate?

sigseven

Yeah, pretty sure that does not mean continuous rotate. It looks like it's talking about the Rotate tool (found on the View toolbar or under the View menu), which lets you rotate with just left click, as opposed to the left+right click chording you can use to rotate while the select tool is active.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
You can hold down the shift key and any of the arrow keys to spin something continuously (as long as held down) if you want.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
FYI - Here is the Help page:

The referenced text is at the very bottom.

Attachments

• Rotation.jpg
    Rotation.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 65

Frank

You can hold down the shift key and any of the arrow keys to spin something continuously (as long as held down) if you want.

I didnt see this until now. Thanks.

The reason I wanted continuous rotate was to allow some screeengrab software to generate a quick and dirty avi file for a presentation.

If I could somehow lock this rotation 'on' [shift/arrow] I could grab the window content from elsewhere.

Frank

NateLiqGrav said:
You can do that with: AutoHotkey and more specifically the send command. If you need more help setting up a script to do so let me know. :D

I just downloaded autohotkey from the link to Main site.
chose 64bit vers.
got a warning that "cryptor" virus [nasty-google it]was infecting download.
stopped it using AVG antivirus
progressed with download -silly..silly!
{I see a previous vers [safer?]on nonags.com (usually clean if subscriber) -probably not 64 bit tho.}
Run Autohotkeys results in message "older version of this script is still running".
Autohotkeys looks to be highly capable software - I hope I havent screwed this machine up.
Cryptor and similar are awfully difficult to remove and clean out their effects.
Be Careful.
Restarting now .....fingers crossed