What's new

Runs great on poor system

neilr

I have been holding off on upgrading my V12 Alibre Design to the newest version due to a busted computer and was going to hold off until I can get a new one built. But couldn't wait and decided I needed it now so I put it on my old windows 8 laptop with 4 gig expecting to have slow jittery performance but to my surprise it runs very smooth almost better than the V12 did on my desktop. So just wanted to say to the Alibre team, great job !!!

neilr

Lol. Yeah it is kind of like living in the stone age. But hope to build an up to date system before to long.

JST

Alibre Super User
The laptop I use has 4 gig, and I am using it with 2018.2 with no issues whatever, aside from a bit more sensitivity to the famous "Alibre memory leak".

And, maybe that 2018.2 does not seem any faster than the earlier versions. But I am not sure where I should see that speed.

neilr

I notice a large performance improvement with large assemblies and complex constraints. Wait time to load is where it is most apparent.

dwc

Alibre Super User
2018.2 does not seem any faster than the earlier versions. But I am not sure where I should see that speed.[/QUOTE said:
I also see no difference in speed neither in loading big models nor anywhere else.
And AD crashed on me yesterday for the first time in years. I hope 2018.2 did not add problems.
Don

Last edited:

JST

Alibre Super User
Big assemblies seem to load as slowly as before.

Possibly they are a little slower on 2018.2 than with 2018.1.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
These performance improvements depend a bit on your model and were more surgical. We will attack broad-spectrum performance enhancements shortly.

JST

Alibre Super User
The models I checked were ones with a larger number of different parts relative to most.

I have other models that have a lot of parts, but they have all the angle clips, rivets or bolts indicated (so that I can get a good count in the BOM), so that many "parts" are the same ones repeated.