What's new

Save as Including the Alibre Version Information.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
It would be very productive to have the possibility to Save as including Alibre Version of the file to avoid confusion when one wants to exchange information. For now I do this manually.
Thanks,
GIOV

simonb65

Alibre Super User
It would be very productive to have the possibility to Save as including Alibre Version of the file to avoid confusion when one wants to exchange information. For now I do this manually.
Thanks,
GIOV
I'm assuming you mean append the version to the file/part/assembly name? I suggested quite a while ago that it would be nice to set the filename using 'tokens' (from the equation editor and fileds within the properties) so that you could automatically use things like date, time, part name (from the part properties), etc. Alibre version could be just another 'token'.i.e {PartName}_M{Diameter}_{AppVersion} would produce something like TorxSrew_M4_v26.AD_PRT

Maybe you should suggest the enhancement to the dev team!

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Perhaps @GIOV is talking about the files metadata. For example in this tab (showing a non Alibre file). I would like that.

Attachments

• Pxhig.png
    Pxhig.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 24

GIOV

Alibre Super User
TorxSrew_M4_v26.AD_PRT
Yes: TrxScrew_M4.ADV26_PRT
Perhaps @GIOV is talking about the files metadata. For example in this tab (showing a non Alibre file). I would like that.
Also yes Nate.
I see that you understand very well my requirement to avoid confusion when one has a complicated model and wants to edit it properly without changing the original files when one exchanges information between two different AD versions.
Maybe you should suggest the enhancement to the dev team!
Yes, I will do it soon knowing that there are other important priorities to implement as Features.
Thanks,
GIOV

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
@GIOV , have you thought of creating separate folders and directory structure for the different versions? One for v25 and one for v26. It may make a mess of assemblies but if you don't need to edit part, like hardware, then does it matter if you have prior version parts in a v26 assembly? It's the new items that you need keep separated. I wouldn't think you'd make an assembly of v26 parts, then insert prior version items. Wouldn't they get updated to v26 as soon as you save the assembly?

GIOV

Alibre Super User
have you thought of creating separate folders and directory structure for the different versions?
Yes,I have different Folders.
Wouldn't they get updated to v26 as soon as you save the assembly?
Sometimes I have saved wrongly and lost forever the original file and then when I want to open a part on my other computer the version prevents me from doing so. That's why you have to be very careful when saving. With the version identification it is easy to detect in a folder the models that have a different version and in this way to sort them correctly to avoid confusion.

I don't have AV25 or 26. I go up to V23 and the one that suits me best for designing with precision is ADV21 with the legacy Display and the previous cursor but sometimes I use the new Display to access the views dynamically in AD22 o ADV23 but needs to re-install its.

Thanks anyway Harold for your suggestion.
GIOV