What's new

"Save As" sub-window size and readability

This is hopefully not the most interesting question anyone reads today! Shown below is the result in Alibre v23 on Windows 10 executing a "Save As" request. On the larger window, I've selected the top left icon that self-identifies as "Copy data from Selected Item to Other Items". This brings up the smaller sub-window shown in the center of the image below. The larger window can be manually stretched if needed. The smaller sub-window cannot be stretched, and is so small as to be unreadable.

Other Alibre windows show up normally on my system, so I doubt if it's a graphics configuration issue. Can someone suggest a fix? The "Save As" process is terrifying enough without flying blind!

Thanks very much for your help!
David

1634639862039.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Please submit this to support. I know that one or two dialogs have shown up badly sized, but that has mainly been in non-English installations. For completeness please include Alibre installation language and operating system language.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
@DavidJ , Looks like a windows scaling factor is being applied to the text too. One for dev to check for.

Would also be nice if dialogs could all be sizeable, as most 'selection' lists are either too short (only a few rows shown) or just not wide enough for names given to deign entities.

JST

Alibre Super User
"Alibre v23 on Windows 10 executing a "Save As" request."

I have never seen anything like that.

Looks like the window was resized, as noted, but that resizing did not work right.

Thanks very much to all for your kind replies. As suggested, I've opened a support ticket on alibre.com, the case number is 00070167, including the information that the V23 installation language and the OS language are both English. I will post results for all to see.

Best regards,
David

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
This Vault specific window problem has been addressed - should be available in next build of v24 (beta), subject to satisfactory QA testing.

Last edited: