What's new

Scaleaa DXF file on "import"

pridbor

I remember that I once did a measurement on a figure in order to scale it to be 1:1, the trouble is I don't recall how I went about it.

I did a search and got the dxf elements into my part but with the wrong dimensions.

Thanks

Preben

Ex Machina

So, let's say that you want to have a shape in your part and you know, for example, that an edge it should have a know length of X. Then you take a measurement and you establish that now it has a length of Y.

What you then need to do is scale it with a scale factor = X/Y.

Is this what you were looking for?

pridbor

This is the image I need to import and create a part from. I know that it is 100 times faster just to measure and create the part, but it's the process I once used and have forgotten.

In the past, I recall that I imported an image and used an Alibre tool to measure e.g. a known distance, line, circle, or such, and then Alibre scaled the entire image/part without me having to do anything more.

I know this is somewhere in the past posts because that's where I got it from in the past but I can't apparently formulate my query well enough for it to find the right post.

Thanks

Preben

Attachments

• BH164.jpg
    BH164.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 7

Ex Machina

Ah, OK. So, you need to import with the tracing image tool. There you will find the "Calibrate Size" button. When you hit that you need to click on two point that you know the real distance between them. When the dimension box opens, input the real distance and the image will scale automatically.

1693594424315.pngI forgot to mention. This only works for images, not DXFs.