What's new

Script editing tools

otrotabi

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what is everyone using for script editing. I could not find any tools for search, search and replace, etc, from within the edit window. Are there any shortcuts available ?

Since I am in the learning phase I like being able to introduce new sketches and features one or two lines at a time in order to be able to understand and debug what is going on.

Thanks for your feedback.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Alibre Script has the editor built in!

What version of Alibre Design are you using?

If you have an earlier version than 2018.1.1, then use WizoScript.

otrotabi

Dear Simon,

I am using the latest release. Yes, I am aware there is a built-in editor. However I could not find any documentation on it´s use, and I do not know how to use it´s features.

For example, if you decide to change a variable named "X1" for something more meaningful like "DistX1", is it possible to do it from within the built-in editor ? Obviously rather than searching for "X1" throughout the whole script.

I use (nearly) only the Notepad++ editor for AlibreScript editing. The built in editor will not save code changes on my system!

ajayre

Alibre Super User
Currently there isn't a search and replace. Something that still needs to be added.

There is undo and redo with Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-Y and copy and paste with the usual shortcuts.

Andy

R-man

Hi everyone,

I could not find any tools for search, search and replace, etc, from within the edit window. Are there any shortcuts available ?

This is an old thread (and things may have changed) but just in case this is helpful to someone, the windows standard Ctrl-H works fine on the editor, as it is today. As far as I can tell all the other windows shortcut keys work too. Such as Ctrl-F, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-End, Ctrl-Home, etc.