What's new

script for creating geodetic parabolic disch

Kunstmaan

Alibre Super User
I need some guidance on how to create a parabolic dish sing alibre script.

Looking for a ols Wizo script but not able to find it

Mareike

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Mareike,
you've asked this before...and i haven't seen new things here in the forum:oops:
Myself has not done such a dome. The nearest from my side wasthis...
Maybe you try to search for "Professional Dome Plans -- Building geodesic domes made easy."
It sounds like a joke, but there you should find a lot of Infos...
Regards
Stefan

I need some guidance on how to create a parabolic dish sing alibre script.
Hi Mareike -- A "geodesic" won't be much of a paraabola (except in the grossest of terms). A tue parabola has the (general) equation of X, AX²+B. Figuring out what your needed values of "A" and "B" will be the hardest part of the problem. Turning the resulting parabola into a "Geodesic" depends on the required overall accuracy. ??? -- Lew

Kunstmaan

Alibre Super User
Hi Mareike -- A "geodesic" won't be much of a paraabola (except in the grossest of terms). A tue parabola has the (general) equation of X, AX²+B. Figuring out what your needed values of "A" and "B" will be the hardest part of the problem. Turning the resulting parabola into a "Geodesic" depends on the required overall accuracy. ??? -- Lew
On the 'old' WIZO script website there was a paraboluic script and that is where I am looking for

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Lew,

you can trust me, i really know that, but i only want to point that you both have been disscussing about parabolic splines...
and there is also this thread Look here :)
and you have also been involved there too...
but turnung it into a geodesic is a different issue
and therefor i have recommended to search for
"Professional Dome Plans -- Building geodesic domes made easy."
Regards
Stefan

you can trust me, i really know that, but i only want to point that you both have been disscussing about parabolic splines...
Hi Stephan -- I admit that I often complain about the "inaccuracies" implicit in using a nominal cubic spline to approximate a (say) parabolic or (say) involute entity. A Wronskian curve creates a "better fit" for many such entities. This is a different (and much more complicated discussion) than answering Mareike's question. -- Lew