What's new

SECTION VIEW IN ALIBRE V7

CGN

SECTION VIEW IN ALIBRE V7

Hello, i want to create a section, but when i create the line to use as a reference for my section it does not do anything and i did it the firts time i try.

Thanks!

jhatfield

I had problems getting the section view tool to work properly when I first started using AD. Try this. First click on the arrow icon in the tools bar to select the whole drawing. Then click once in the view where you want to define your section. Now go to the tools bar on the right. As the cursor leaves the view you just selected, the red selection liines around the view should change colors, mine goes from red to blue. Now click on the line tool and drawn your line to define where the section is to be. Go to the tools bar on the right and click on the section view tool icon. If you've done things in the right order when you move back over the line you just drew, it will change to a section line, i.e. arrows pointing perpendicular to the line. Since it worked for you once, you should know what to do with it now. Also note than after you place the section view, you can moe back to the defining line to reverse the direction of the arrows which will change the direction the section is taken by 180°

Hopt this helps