What's new

Section view no longer working

TimB

Hi

I just updated to the latest version but find that section views no longer work. It either just hides the parts or does nothing.

Attached is a demo part to show the issue.

Any ideas how to fix this? I really need to get on with a job.

Thanks

Tim

Attachments

• spiral section 2.AD_PRT
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Good Morning Tim

I played around with your file, seems if you put a new plane right at the xy plane or whichever one you want to section at, it will work. I first suppressed your helix and that works fine with the regular planes but with the helix? Not a perfect solution but hopefully it gets you thru. BTW, I noticed before that sectioning a helix requires quite some time, maybe there has always been an issue? Take Care.

Wade

TimB

Hi Wade

Yes the spiral can take some time to render but it always did work before. Thats my issue, its not an issue I had before. All the sketches I have been doing recently have this issue now.

I will try adding the new plane and see how that works.

I will take this up with support as its definitely an issue.

Thanks

TimB

Hi

Yes I selected a the new plane but I also must add that I have assemblies and there I do not get the opportunity to add new planes.

Being able to check clearances in an assembly is very important to me, so this issue is a massive problem.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
TimB said:
... I also must add that I have assemblies and there I do not get the opportunity to add new planes...
You should be able to add planes in an assembly :!:

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 15