What's new

section view

DHudson

section view

What am I doing wrong! I can't get a section view to appear. I have followed the prompts, but nothing happens.
Any suggestions

Cameraman

wow . . . that's a pretty wide open question . . . the one tip I can offer off the top of my head (because it happened to me) is that you have to activate the sketch in the view you are looking at (and not, for example, in the sheet) when you draw the line that will act as your section line . . .

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Greg :D

DHudson

Re:

Cameraman said:
wow . . . that's a pretty wide open question . . . the one tip I can offer off the top of my head (because it happened to me) is that you have to activate the sketch in the view you are looking at (and not, for example, in the sheet) when you draw the line that will act as your section line . . .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thanks - I did find someone who had this problem, and your answer is the same as theirs. The "Help" and manual do not make this step clear.

Cameraman

Re:

DHudson said:
. . . The "Help" and manual do not make this step clear.

I agree . . . I forget how I figured it out, but it was one of those things that I just sort of stumbled across . . . now that I'm getting a bit more accustomed to how AD "thinks", some of these things are becoming more intuitive to me, but I've still got a long way to go . . .

Regards,