What's new

Section Views

durand

I am trying to do a Section View (see the attachments), but on my new computer I don't get the view I should and did get on my old computer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric

Attachments

• NonSECTION.PNG
    NonSECTION.PNG
    82.6 KB · Views: 22
  • SECTIONED VIEW.PNG
    SECTIONED VIEW.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 23
Oft times I create a Configuration such that I can BOOLEAN Subtract a (if you will) Sectioned Form. I realize that a functioning Section View (preferably appropriately "Arrowed" and Identified) would be much better, but...

durand

Lew, it always worked on my old computer with the same Alibre (latest) I am running on the new computer. Do you think this is a bug that needs to be reported?

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Its a long standing issue with Alibre. You aren't the only one getting this. Lew's suggestion is the most reliable workaround.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If the problem is only on your new computer, then it is worth at least updating graphics drivers to see if that helps.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
I too have noticed a lot of this recently with the latest version. I feel that sections, particularly with assemblies don't consistently work as well as they used to.

Personally, I would prefer to place Reference Planes along with some sort of "view to" indicator to define Section Views within the Model that could be "assigned to Drawing Views." Thus, they could progress as (say) A-A, B-N, etc.