What's new

See a lot of 3DS ads

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Has any one else been seeing a lot of 3DS 3D printers ads? There ads have popping up a lot lately on a number of web sites including YouTube :eek:

Attachments

• 3DS ad.jpg
    3DS ad.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 3DS ad.jpg
    3DS ad.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 824

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
No but I've been getting Black Friday sales emails from Keyshot and HDRLightstudio.

I'm beginning to think that 3DS is only interested in 3d printing if you check out all their recent acquisitions. If they don't start paying attention to the CAD modeling there won't be anything to print.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
HaroldL said:
No but I've been getting Black Friday sales emails from Keyshot and HDRLightstudio.

I'm beginning to think that 3DS is only interested in 3d printing if you check out all their recent acquisitions. If they don't start paying attention to the CAD modeling there won't be anything to print.
+1 :cry:

bemfarmer

I purchased upgrade to KeyShot5Pro on the Black Friday, from "Alibre bip" version of of KeyShot3.
It was $795 less $159, plus $400 maintenance.
The key does NOT work to register the product. :cry:
No one there answered their phones on Friday, but one person sent an email response at 6AM Saturday,
asking which version of KeyShot I had. Maybe on Monday someone will respond.

- Brian

Andrew Roth

I've noticed, at least with my browser, if I visit certain sites, digi key, ebay , 3DS, I will see ads for those sites when I visit other sites that post ads.
Did you visit 3D's site prior to seeing the ads or maybe search for a 3D printer?
If so they probably dropped a cookie off for you.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
In a round about way. I make data loggers for my fellow high power rocketers. Meaning I visit DigiKey a lot. I think your right 3DS dropped a cookie, because I am seeing it even when I do a yahoo or goggle searches.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
RocketNut said:
In a round about way. I make data loggers for my fellow high power rocketers. Meaning I visit DigiKey a lot. I think your right 3DS dropped a cookie, because I am seeing it even when I do a yahoo or goggle searches.
Andrew Roth said:
I've noticed, at least with my browser, if I visit certain sites, digi key, ebay , 3DS, I will see ads for those sites when I visit other sites that post ads.
Did you visit 3D's site prior to seeing the ads or maybe search for a 3D printer?
If so they probably dropped a cookie off for you.
I visit those sites and get no email... but then I don't live in the US...

Andrew Roth

I don't get emails from them I just see that if a site I visit has an ad box on it that it is usually one of the recent sites I have visited.
So somebody watching/tracking sites I visit :shock:
usually run ccleaner every few days

Andrew Roth

yep ran ccleaner and an unfamiliar ad for cyber store (never been there) shows up
so i'm guess cookie to steer ads that might interest you.

ajayre

Alibre Super User
Use the free AdBlock Plus on Chrome or Firefox and you won't waste time downloading or see adverts on any sites (well, almost all).

Andy

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I have tried CCLEANER and may be I don't know how to use but it seemed like it wanted to delete a lot of files. I am using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which seems to be working. It keeps blocking a scvhost.exe acces to the web!! Not knowing what is I let it block it every time.

I'm using FireFox as my default browser. Does any one know if there is 64 bit version of FireFox?

TylerDurden

Alibre Super User
3DS went full-court-press on the targeted web ads this season. I see them on many sites.

They don't bother me, as I have tuned-out most ads (don't care to install blockers). They are actually preferable to the ripoff male-enhancement & testosterone ads that used to display.