What's new

Setting General defaults

RwSkinner

I'm trying to set Mass to read in Pounds instead of KG. I do this, then click the box on the bottom to set as default for all parts.... But I find I have to do every part I load like that anyways.

How do I set the system wide default for each new part I create or load?
Is there a way to set the precision on weight also like all the other parameters. I really don't need places tot he right of the decimal point plus an exponent! x.xxx is plenty good for me.

Thanks,
Richard

I'm trying to set Mass to read in Pounds instead of KG. I do this, then click the box on the bottom to set as default for all parts.... But I find I have to do every part I load like that anyways.

How do I set the system wide default for each new part I create or load?
If you Load a Part or Assembly or STEP that was created elsewhere, you get the values used when that File was created.

JST

Alibre Super User
In the window for Properties, you can check a box at bottom left, which will make whatever you have set be the default for every NEW part you CREATE.

It will not affect the default for parts that come IN.

There could EASILY be a similar box tho select the same set of defaults for existing parts...... If you can change the settings, the program could automatically do it...... only there is not that box (yet).