What's new

Setting MCS ??

steveastro

Sorry, I suspect this has been asked before, but HOW do I set the MCS ? Its at right angles to the way I want to mill it. I have Alibre Expert 11.1, and the embedded ALibre CAM module 1.1, but I don't seem to be able to nominate the Z axis. What have I forgotten ?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Firstly - do you have Alibre CAM Expert? To begin with it was only in the top level purchased package of CAM that the MCS could be set - there was some talk of extending that functionality to other purchased versions - you can't just set the MCS in CAM Express (you would have to use the assembly boolean work round).

steveastro

DavidJ said:
Firstly - do you have Alibre CAM Expert? To begin with it was only in the top level purchased package of CAM that the MCS could be set - there was some talk of extending that functionality to other purchased versions - you can't just set the MCS in CAM Express (you would have to use the assembly boolean work round).

How do I tell ? I assumed that with my registation for Desigh Expert I'd get CAM Expert - is that not the case ?

Steve

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you didn't pay any extra for CAM, then you only have the free Express version [which initially was only made available to Design Expert users] - it is very feature limited. You can't set MCS, but can do a workaround using booleans - should be details of how elsewhere in under "Using Alibre CAM".

Prices for the other versions of CAM are on the Alibre website (at least they are for US customers).