What's new

Setting view scale precision

markporter

Where can I set drawing view precision? I'm trying to overlay an assembly view exactly over an image in a drawing, and need to make a fine adjustment to the scale. I get different behaviour depending on whether I select "Scale" in the drawing face or the Design Explorer - see attached images. The selection box pop-up from the drawing face has only one decimal place of precision. I know I can enter something like "100" to "345" to get the same effect, but the lack of control is an inconvenience and the lack of consistency is disturbing.

Additionally, I have recently had one view of an assembly showing view scale in decimal form while another view of the same assembly showed 1" to 3 1/2" - on the same drawing, although I've been unable to reproduce this.

I can't see anything in the help to guide me here.

Attachments

• Precision1_from_view_on_drawing.png
    Precision1_from_view_on_drawing.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Precision2_from_Design_Explorer.png
    Precision2_from_Design_Explorer.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 15

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Is (perhaps) one of those dialogs effected by these unit settings and the other is not?
1646362668071.png
I'm just guessing because I remember in the past seeing some other dialogs were and also shouldn't have been.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Why don't you scale the drawing to the model view? That may be easier than trying to figure out the correct view scale.

markporter

Thanks for your help. The dimension style precision doesn't change the view scale precision, either in either pop-up (DE and drawing face selection). I tried inches 256 which showed nearest 1/2", and decimal 6 places which shows one place on drawing face and two places in Design Explorer selection.

I've chosen a convenient sheet size, then scaled the image to fit. Then I've set the view scale so that the drawing view is congruent.