What's new

SetUserData & GetUserData

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Andy,
Can you explain more about SetUserData and GetUserData?

Specifically does this store data inside the actual files or does it store them somewhere else and link to the files? Or does that depend on the option being checked?
save_load.png

Possibly related: What does the button "Delete all stored settings" do? I'm afraid to test it and possibly loose something I need.
utilities.png

ajayre

Alibre Super User
SetUserData stores data in the part file. GetUserData reads it back out. The checkbox is there to allow users to create part files that do not contain any AlibreScript data. Uncheck that and SaveUserData won't save data, it will be lost, but that's the user's choice.

Delete All Stored Settings deletes the user-specific preferences for Alibre Script. Only required if something gets corrupted and so far I have not had reports of anyone getting those settings corrupted. It's there just in case. ;)

Andy

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
It seems like SetUserData and GetUserData still does work with it unchecked. Perhaps in memory until Alibre is closed? I haven't tested that though.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Andy, Are there known limits to SetUserData and GetUserData? For example what data types can I store there? Or any objects? Are there size constraints?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Andy is it possible to change this so that Saving Scripts and Saving User Data are separate settings? Something like this mockup:
save2.png