What's new

Sheet metal conversion?

sz0k30

I originally created a PART, which I converted to a SMP. The part is ribs for a steering wheel. I need to put bends in the ribs where shown by reference lines in sketch 1. I am totally lost. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Attachments

• 00514-CONVERT.AD_SMP
    355.5 KB · Views: 7

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Your part is empty. Try uploading it as a Package file so it includes the original part as well as the converted sheet metal part

1657577112746.png

1657577187410.png

EDIT:

I was able to open the part file and saw that it only contained the original sketch with your reference lines. So I created a short video to show how to add bends to the arms.
I used Alibre's default sheet metal parameters for the video.

Last edited:

sz0k30

Harold, I want you to know that I'm trying, but my head is having a hard time with it. One thing that I keep getting that you don't seem to, is an error message keeps popping up saying my sketch is not closed. I also don't know why I started with a PART & converted it to a SMP? So, I'm just working it as a SMP to start with. I think it will just take me a while. But I thank you very much for the time and effort you put into making a great video!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Sketched Bends do not require a closed sketch. So, if you are always getting this message:
1657663130457.png
Then check the "Do not show this warning" box then the X in the top RH corner.

Also, in System Options check if it is set to Automatically analyze sketches and deselect it, that will also help to turn off the annoying warning.
Analyze Sketch toggle.png

sz0k30

Sketched Bends do not require a closed sketch. So, if you are always getting this message:
View attachment 36488
Then check the "Do not show this warning" box then the X in the top RH corner.

Also, in System Options check if it is set to Automatically analyze sketches and deselect it, that will also help to turn off the annoying warning.
Good tip. I finally got it. Thanks again!!!