What's new

Sheet metal flat pattern

JL82

Is it possible to change the view to flat pattern without reacreating of the view?

Attachments

• Flatpattern.JPG
    Flatpattern.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 14

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Is it possible to change the view to flat pattern without reacreating of the view?
Not really, just insert another Standard View and select your part. Then in the view creation dialog expand the More Options and select Project as Flat Pattern. You may need to reorient the view in the preview window to get the correct flat pattern you need. I'd add another sheet to put the flat pattern on so it doesn't clutter the other views for the forming detailing of the part. If all you need is the flat pattern then the other views can be deleted after or before creating the flat pattern view.

1704530406199.png

JL82

Not really, just insert another Standard View and select your part. Then in the view creation dialog expand the More Options and select Project as Flat Pattern. You may need to reorient the view in the preview window to get the correct flat pattern you need. I'd add another sheet to put the flat pattern on so it doesn't clutter the other views for the forming detailing of the part. If all you need is the flat pattern then the other views can be deleted after or before creating the flat pattern view.

View attachment 40553
I create a flat pattern the way you suggested in Alibre. I made mistake last year because the flat pattern view was upside down. I think it would be faster change a view from "bent" to "Flat-pattern" like I do in Solidworks and Creo.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It's not possible to change the view from folded to flat after it has been created and placed on the drawing sheet. It's just as easy to insert a new flat view in the orientation you need. Then you can delete any other views you don't want or need.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Like others have said for this the best way is just add a new flat pattern view and delete the views you don't need.

There is a way if you really really want to charge the current view. You could make a configuration in the model that has an unfold feature - thereby giving you the flat pattern. Then in the drawing you could change the view configuration in the drawing explorer. I haven't tested it you can add center lines to the bends in that view or not.