What's new

Sheet Metal Part - How to remove bend lines on drawing?

danwilley

Hello,

I have a part (bracket) that I modeled using the sheet metal function. The bracket will be made from 1/4" thick steel. I un-bent the part and created a flat drawing with no dimensions and 100% sized. I exported it to a DXF file that will be sent to a laser cutting company. (That flat part will be bent to create the final bracket. See the second screenshot.) The company does not want any dimensional information or other markings. They require only the outline of the part and hole outlines to drive their laser cutting system. I created the basic flat drawing to export but there are two (horizontal) lines on the drawing that show the tab bend margins. How do I remove these two bend lines? I cannot select the two horizontal bend lines to delete them. I have attached two screenshots of the part.

Thanks for your help!
Dan

upload_2021-6-27_20-39-12.png

upload_2021-6-27_20-42-46.png

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
You know I tried it today and found some tangent edges still showing when they were turned off. Something is wrong and I will send my part to support to check out.

Jake_Steidy

Hello Dan,

From my experience with having SMP made by a fabricator, using a DXF, they told me you can turn off all the detailing options. This may or may not be the case with your fabricator.

The easy way to do this is when inserting the standard view, within that window you select more options button, this is where you select "Project as a flat pattern", and then double click the select all button. It will remove all the options and leave the flat pattern selected.

Best,
Jake

Attachments

• More Options.PNG
    More Options.PNG
    56.9 KB · Views: 16