What's new

Shortcut for your CAD library?

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
How hard would it be to add to or replace one of the buttons along the left hand side of the Open or Import window with a user-defined button that goes straight to your folder of choice on your harddrive or network? I know every time you Open or Save something from one of these windows, it starts you in that folder next time you pull up that window, and that kindof gets in my way while I'm doing assemblies because I might pull one or two parts from another folder. Like, all of my screws and hardware are in a separate folder, so I'll move out of the folder my project is saved in and go into the hardware folder, insert some screw or nut into the assembly, and constrain it in place. Then I'll want to insert a part from the folder the project is saved in, so I'll have to hunt my way through all of the other folders and subfolders to get back to the project folder. It'd be nice to have a button in that window that I could set to send me straight to the project folder when I begin work on an Assembly, so I can zip right back to it no mater where in the file system I am.

Attachments

• open_menu.PNG
    open_menu.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 22

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
AutoHotkey to the rescue. Just give me until Monday. 8) I already have something exactly like that. In my case it was made to open a specific project folder of Vault but it will work for this too.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
At first when I read "buttons along the left hand side of the Open or Import" I thought something like this was in mind:

M-Files Icon is a customizable shortcut Icon I made to give me direct access to a specific location in M-Files. I use it like an open dialog.

Then I saw your picture and it dawned on me what you actually want. I could make it to show on the side of the Dialog box you pictured, but would probably look nicer and work better if done by registry or TweakUI from MS for those afraid of playing in the reg.

P.S. Hide Home is a tool to hide the Alibre home window when clicked. It can be accessed again by clicking the icon in the task tray. Anyone interested in testing either PM me.

Attachments

• Alibre_Home.PNG
    Alibre_Home.PNG
    54.7 KB · Views: 23

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
OK perhaps this will work for you for now until I make it stick to the Open/Import dialogs. Like most programs that I make it is a no install program. This means that all you need to do is extract it and run it. Only config and customizable files will be generated next to the exe. There are no system modifications.

M-FILES ICON adds an Icon to the Alibre Home window that is a link to any folder you want. You can edit the images to customize how it looks and edit the config file to go to a different folder. From the icon in the Task Tray you can (among other things) copy the link into the clipboard to paste into any Open/Import dialog box.

Attachments

• M-FILES ICON.zip
    199.9 KB · Views: 19