What's new

Simple Font for Engraving

Dave H

Does anyone know of a font style that is similar to the Simplex or RomanS Autocad fonts that can be used with GMD for simple text engraving into a part? All I want to do is V bit engrave simple text into the face of a part.
I have looked through the included fonts and did not find one.

Is there a simple way to import one of those Autocad vector fonts, or other single stroke Windows fonts, into GMD?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find it.

Dave -- If anybody knows how to convert vector (DXF, DWG, or SHX) geometry into TrueType, I have a set of exceptionally fine single-stroke and double-stroke engineering fonts that I created back in the 1980's (that also include things such as the Greek alphabet, a complete ANSI Y14.5-2004 character set, and the like) that I would love to port to TrueType.

Dave H

I did find a single stroke TTF font last evening, but it will not work with GMD. It will not extrude because it has many open loops. :(

Dave H

KMoffett said:
Do you need a font imbedded in a part, or can it be a stand alone program with a G-code output?

My preference is to extrude it into my GMD model. But, if that isn't possible, I may have to make the part, then CNC engrave it in a second op.
Or, maybe append the engraving G-code to my part G-code?