What's new

SimWise for Alibre V27

Plista

The new build 9.9.82.3916 of SimWise is available for compatibility with Alibre V27 in three versions:
Motion = kinetodinamics
FEA = finite analysis (stress, strain, buckling., thermal, vibration, frequency response and fatigue with "+" option)
4D = integration of kinetodinamics and FEA at integration step (with fatigue with "+" option)

JL82

I'm intrested to buy Simwise 4D. I have visited their websites, do they develop Simwise? Latest news is about 7 years ago. Are there new features to Simwise every year?

Plista

I'm intrested to buy Simwise 4D. I have visited their websites, do they develop Simwise? Latest news is about 7 years ago. Are there new features to Simwise every year?
Correct, Design Simulation Technologies is not putting constant updates on their web site, but on the other side the software is tuned and updated. weekly. On August I was referring herer to version 3919, currently four months laterit it is up to build 3952 and, beeing in touch with the developers, I can tell you about each build among them. What kind of kinetodynamical and FEA simulation are You looking for?

Plista

I would like to say they are two different things, SimWise is kinetodynamical and FEA virtual prototyping, to get numerical data if the solution will perform with the the required specifications, SimLab is photorealistic and video making when the visualization is to be achieved. I am selling both solutions without any overlap to two different kind of customers and requirements.

JL82

Correct, Design Simulation Technologies is not putting constant updates on their web site, but on the other side the software is tuned and updated. weekly. On August I was referring herer to version 3919, currently four months laterit it is up to build 3952 and, beeing in touch with the developers, I can tell you about each build among them. What kind of kinetodynamical and FEA simulation are You looking for?
Do you know are there new feature in new build or did they fix the bugs?

Plista

Do you know are there new feature in new build or did they fix the bugs?
During the last year Design Simulation Technologies has made improvements in the performance of CAD translation and FEA solving in SimWise, fixed a number of bugs, and kept SimWise up to date with the latest CAD versions. They have added the ability to import JT files, improved the ability to import material properties from CAD models, and added the Forced Harmonic Analysis type to the FEA solver. They have also added Python bindings to allow SimWise to be called and controlled via a Python program. Currently I am testing a new upgraded User Interface which is next to be published in the coming new year.
What kind of kinetodynamical and FEA simulation are You looking for to be solved with SimWise?

JL82

During the last year Design Simulation Technologies has made improvements in the performance of CAD translation and FEA solving in SimWise, fixed a number of bugs, and kept SimWise up to date with the latest CAD versions. They have added the ability to import JT files, improved the ability to import material properties from CAD models, and added the Forced Harmonic Analysis type to the FEA solver. They have also added Python bindings to allow SimWise to be called and controlled via a Python program. Currently I am testing a new upgraded User Interface which is next to be published in the coming new year.
What kind of kinetodynamical and FEA simulation are You looking for to be solved with SimWise?
I use Solidworks Simulation (SW Premium includes Simulation) and Mecway. I'm intrested to learn FEA more and strength theory. I have studied the strength theory about 15 years ago.
I design different equipments and sheet metal is common material. Motion would be haven useful many times. My company has Alibre and Solidworks for design.

Solidworks Simulation Professional is very expensive (maintenance few thousands per year). Mecway is great software and there are seemingly a lot of functions. For example I have to save a parts of a assembly separately suppressing a parts in assembly. It take lot of time. That is just one example.

Plista

SimWise will allow You to work with SolidWorks or Alibre and invest only in the part of the analysis (FEA or Motion before moving to 4D=Motion+FEA) having at the same time the possibility to free the CAD license for other works (instead, every time you are making a motion simulation with SolidWorks Simulation You are losing one CAD seat). SimWise FEA for Alibre is 1995 Euros list price in Europe with no time expiration license (maintenance is not an obligation and, if bought, is renewed yearly only at Your request and not if You forget to ask for it). Have You seen the examples in www.simwise4d.com ?

Plista

Build 3956 of SimWise available with CAD import:

Alibre.ad_asm, .ad_prtv.27
Catia V5.catproduct, .catpartR8 - V5-6 R2024
Catia V6.catproduct, .catpartUp to V6R2024)
NX.prtNX 6 - NX 2306
Pro/E /Creo.prt, .prt.*, .asm, .asm.*16 - Creo 10.0
Solid Edge.par, .asmV18 - SE 2024
SolidWorks.sldprt, .sldasm2003 - 2024
Inventor.ipt, .iamV6 - 2024
ACIS.sat, .sabR1-R2024 1.0
Parasolids.x_t, .xmt_txt, .x_b, .xmt_bin10.0 - 36.0.x
STEP.stp, .step203, 214, 242
IGES.igs, .igesUp to 5.3
STL.stl
JT.jtJT 8.x - JT 10.7