What's new

Sketch constraint problem.

cclark440

Alibre Super User
Ok, let me start by saying that I fully admit that my current problem might be something that I am doing/not doing correctly in the new version (2012).

My problem:
In a part sketch I have all of my dimensions in place that should constrain everything that needs to be. When I try to modify a single dimension, that is not dependent on any other dimension, Several of the already defined dimensions change.
Imagine a cone shape where the pointed end is cut off to create a flat rather than the point.
I have three dimensions, the radius of the large end, the radius of the small end and the overall length of the cone.
By the way this is a revolved feature.
If I now change the radius of the small diameter it changes the length of the cone. It should change the angle of the cone, because there is no constraint on the angle, the length has already been defined and should not change.
Here is another little wrinkle in my problem, this is only happening in one of the two configurations that is in the part file.

Any one else seen anything like this?
Is there a new option/setting of some kind that I am missing/forgetting about?

Yes, the configurations are looked.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
For clarity - is your 'cone length' the dimension along the axis of rotation, or along the slope from large end to small end?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
It seems to work as expected here. I wonder if there is an extra constraint (inferred or manually placed) that is causing issues...