What's new

Sketch rotation

salex

Using Atom 3D V21. In the attached design can someone tell me how to rotate the sketch an arbitrary angle around the point [0,0]?

Attachments

• RotateExample.AD_PRT
    225.5 KB · Views: 8

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello salex,
one possible way:
- open your sketch to edit and apply dimensions
upload_2020-5-1_23-48-44.png

- add perpendicular contraints
upload_2020-5-1_23-51-1.png

- pick one corner point with left mouse button and drag the sketch a little away from the origin
upload_2020-5-1_23-57-39.png

- add a coincidence constraint between the lower left corner point and the origin
- then you can pick another corner to turn ther sketch round the origin. You can also add a dimension between a sketch line and an axis to set the angle.
upload_2020-5-2_0-1-11.png

Regards
Stefan

salex

I was able to make this work but if any step isn't precisely correct it doesn't work! It's tricky but at least now I can do it! Thank you Stefan.

Alanka

Hello salex,
one possible way:
- open your sketch to edit and apply dimensions
View attachment 30305

- add perpendicular contraints
View attachment 30306

- pick one corner point with left mouse button and drag the sketch a little away from the origin
View attachment 30307

- add a coincidence constraint between the lower left corner point and the origin
- then you can pick another corner to turn ther sketch round the origin. You can also add a dimension between a sketch line and an axis to set the angle.
View attachment 30308

Regards
Stefan

I could not make this work! The sketch refused to rotate, or even move at all!! What am I doing wrong?
……….Ah! I've cracked it. I had to delete the horizontal and vertical restraints that were automatically applied when I drew the sketch!

Last edited:

Alanka

I could not make this work! The sketch refused to rotate, or even move at all!! What am I doing wrong?
……….Ah! I've cracked it. I had to delete the horizontal and vertical restraints that were automatically applied when I drew the sketch!