What's new

Slowing down the spin.

aptivaboy

Evening,

So, I just upgraded the other day and many of my prior settings didn't carry over. No problem, I can reset the mouse sensitivity, sketching preferences, etc. However... Now, when I activate a surface (to sketch on it, to extrude, etc.) the whole image or design spins ultra fast to show that surface. It spun on my old version, too, but slowly so I could see where things were. Now, its like watching a blur. Any ideas on slowing that spin down? I can't seem to find that command in the system options.

Many thanks,

Bob

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Try setting 'Animate view and part transform' if it isn't already set. System Options -> Parts/Assemblies -> Design Viewing.

aptivaboy

Thanks. I've been toggling those options and it isn't working. The reorientation is just as sudden and severe as before, as in virtually instantaneous. I'm looking for the nice, gentle reorientation that my old copies of Alibre/Geomagic featured. One could activate a surface and the reorientation or spin would occur, but not so fast as to be disorienting to the viewer.

Bob

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The 'animate view and part transform' should give a smooth transition when set, when cleared you get an instant switch.

If the setting isn't having an effect, it's possible your user profile might be damaged. Re-set user profile, re-boot computer to be on safe side, then check the setting.

aptivaboy

Well, I tried that... Now, there are red lines everywhere and the File/Edit/View menus have vanished. So have the tools down the right side of the monitor or work area.

EDIT: I was able to toggle red lines off and get File/Edit/View menus back, but the other issues remain. The spin is still there and still ultra fast. The tool bars down the right side of the work area remain lost. Ugh... I realize these are very First World problems and fixable in the Great Scheme of Things. Its just annoying when an upgrade should be so simple but isn't.

aptivaboy

Okay, the interface is more or less back the way I had it before, essentially Alibre from 2014! Yes, I'm old fashioned. The spin remains, however.