What's new

.smp file extention

PWD

New to the group and to Alibra design expert.
Probably simple answer to a question here, just finished my first sheet metal part, and need to export in a DXF format, but can't seam to do it, any help is appreciated!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You'll need to produce a 2D drawing from the Sheet Metal Part (select flat pattern if appropriate) - you can export as DXF from 2D drawing.

PWD

Thanks people!
I created the drawing in sheet metal, was just a flat piece for testing purposes, but wouldn't save in DXF, so made the same drawing in 2D, and exported in DXF just fine, thanks for the repies to a newbie!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
PWD said:
... so made the same drawing in 2D....

Did you draw it up again ? - You can create a 2D drawing in seconds from the 3D or Sheet Metal part, you really don't need to 'draw' anything in the 2D drawing environment.

Or maybe I'm mis-reading your words.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
DavidJ said:
PWD said:
... so made the same drawing in 2D....

Did you draw it up again ? - You can create a 2D drawing in seconds from the 3D or Sheet Metal part, you really don't need to 'draw' anything in the 2D drawing environment.

Or maybe I'm mis-reading your words.
David, you could be right..
When I re-read his post, one who knows too little about AD without having undergone the tutorials might as well re-do the 2D drawing to produce the drawing....
But this is only the literally speaking alone.

PWD,please first look into the tutorials then you should be able to do the standard procedures.