What's new

Sneak Peak of 2011 :)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I can see the reason for extreme caution over 'fake dimensions'.

I'd hope that it would be possible to turn off/override any such marking though (with due forethought). I did a load of Alibre 2D drawings for a client for illustrative purposes (not for manufacture) - I was able to use a single 3D model to produce 2D drawings for several different sizes of the basic design, I simply forced 'fake dimensions' and labelled the whole drawing as Not to Scale. The result was perfectly adequate for the purpose and saved the client a chunk of money.

One thing I've learned here over the years is that there are always others using Alibre in ways that you wouldn't have dreamed of (and perhaps wouldn't always approve of).

kev h

Looks like getting standard without maintenance wasnt so clever after all !! :cry: :lol:

This looks like some great additions , trim extend will be very handy ,and the new RHB menus look very professional and will save a lot of routin around in menus. :D
( I assume they will be in the 3d modelling side too ?!? )

Good stuff!! :wink:

Cheers kev 8)

spiked

kev h said:
Looks like getting standard without maintenance wasn't so clever after all !! :cry: :lol:

Why? If they get 2011 out before your maintenance expires you could have still gotten 2011 for the same price you paid for the maintenance that will be about to run out (if they had kept the no maintenance option that is).

if 2011 comes out after your maintenance expires, you haven't lost a dime, and in fact got it cheaper than a lot of us.

I don't mind paying $200 for alibre standard, but i'm not giving them a dime for maintenance, in principal and from experience - that's how I am looking at it.

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
HaroldL said:
Did anyone else have a problem with the dates of their posts being reset?

Yes and not just on this message but on one other which I cannot recall at present. (It was yesterday after all :wink: )

indesign

Alibre Super User
spiked said:
kev h said:
Looks like getting standard without maintenance wasn't so clever after all !! :cry: :lol:

Why? If they get 2011 out before your maintenance expires you could have still gotten 2011 for the same price you paid for the maintenance that will be about to run out (if they had kept the no maintenance option that is).

if 2011 comes out after your maintenance expires, you haven't lost a dime, and in fact got it cheaper than a lot of us.

I don't mind paying $200 for alibre standard, but i'm not giving them a dime for maintenance, in principal and from experience - that's how I am looking at it.

This is not the thread for this discussion but please feal free to start a new one.

Sir_eric

I guess I an a little behind in the current evens, What is "2011"? I am using V12.1. Is mine out dated and I need to upgrade?

indesign

Alibre Super User
ukruch said:
Sir_eric said:
I guess I an a little behind in the current evens, What is "2011"? I am using V12.1. Is mine out dated and I need to upgrade?
I'm thinking the same thing

Alibre is constantly growing. I have been using it for several years now and it has been updated constantly. We do keep maintenance up because we do not want to miss out on the latest improvements or newest features. V12.1 is still the newest release but I am sure Beta testing for the next release will be starting before long. :D

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Sir_eric said:

Hi Sir_eric,

"2011" is "Alibre Design 2011" and "Alibre Design 2011" is Alibre Design V13.
(The number 13 is a no go for superstitious people....therefore V 2011)
Alibre Design 2011 will come in ~ autumn 2010.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Like Ralf says - Autumn this 2010. As we get closer we will probably be given a firmer idea of release date. At this stage I doubt Alibre would even mention a specific month for release in case things slip.

From memory, I have generally seen new major versions September/October - but of course that is no guarantee of what will happen with the next version.

indesign

Alibre Super User
Just received the newsletter with a sneak peak. They have updated the hole dialog and we will be able to have preset (user defined) holes from within the hole dialog.

indesign

Alibre Super User
If this breaks any rules please let me know not to do it again but I would assume this is public email.

Attachments

• alibre news.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 380

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
indesign said:
Just received the newsletter with a sneak peak. They have updated the hole dialog and we will be able to have preset (user defined) holes from within the hole dialog.
indesign said:
If this breaks any rules please let me know not to do it again but I would assume this is public email.
Are there links in the newsletter to longer articles? The only one in the pdf that was uploaded is for sales. You can't even click through to the Gadget Freak. :? :?
Has anyone else received the newsletter yet? There usually isn't such a long delay from the first appearance 'til everyone else gets it. It's not even accessible on the Alibre site. :x

Now that I posted this, it will probably show up tomorrow.

indesign

Alibre Super User
There are no other external links in the email other than the sales. The other links are to jump to keypoints.

BTW: Hasn't anyone else recieved this?

Also the Hole user presets do not allow for adding custom taps but a preset of the available hole data that can be saved to a list available from the drop menu.