What's new

So, what was the fuss about? About this.

JST

Alibre Super User
My project to learn Keyshot was renderings of a new kitchen. This one is the neighbors' I'm not crazy about the color scheme. They are totally challenged as far as imagining from a line drawing such as the kitchen planners do, and those planners don't often do renderings.

So I decided I would do it for them, as a pro-bono learning experience. What came out of it is the below.

I did notice that Keyshot will use all the processor you have, and want 10x more.... when you add in the "focused caustics" and even relatively simple lighting and geometry, it takes a LONG time to render. Even a couple hours of the old Dell dual core machine didn't get the shadows and especially the brushed-stainless sink and the brushed stainless hood to what I would call good with the large file that the model makes. And I'm not ecstatic about the lighting especially in the cabinet.... But it's definitely good enough for what was needed.

And, no, I still have not got the full story on what can be done with the colors vs surfaces using template files. but I will eventually.

Attachments

• view of refrigerator wall 3.jpg
    view of refrigerator wall 3.jpg
    713.9 KB · Views: 16
  • view from DR door.jpg
    view from DR door.jpg
    792.3 KB · Views: 19
  • view in back door.jpg
    view in back door.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 13