What's new

Some 2014 Issues Now Appearing

bobster

I upgraded to 2014 (Expert)from 2012 (Expert)and all went well.
I opened and saved several assemblies that were created in 2012 and earlier versions.
No problems.
I'm running win 7 on a HP laptop with core 5 processor and 6 GB ram.
I did notice a new behavior when I closed files, Vault started to ask if I wanted to save and check-in the file, even if no changes were made. This was new but I was not aware that I had done anything to change Vault.
I attempted to open an assembly file that I had been woorking on, one that opened and closed OK when I checked how the 2014 upgrade was working.
No success, I get a failure message, I think it may be from Vault. I'll post the message.
Do I need to upgrade Vault? I thought I had the latest version, I'll check.

Attachments

• Alibre_Error.png
    Alibre_Error.png
    152 KB · Views: 62

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Being asked if you want to check the file(s) in is new functionality that was listed in the 'what's new' document for v2013. It is a change in GMD, not in M-Files.

M-Files 9 is the current platform for Vault (M-Files 10 has just entered beta).

Sorry, no idea on that error message.

bobster

Thanks for the response.
I verify the version of Vault.
I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to rebuild the models that appear to have "broken".

bobster

It looks like I may be using Vault version 6!
The files in the M-Files Bin x64 folder date back to December 2009.
I am concerned about updating, I did download the latest version last night and noticed a warning to check-in all files before upgrading.
When attempted to do that I found that that behavior is not working as it did before.
Right click on the file and no "check-in" option.
Select all from the "Checked out by me" screen and cntrl I also produces no results.
I think I may copy all the checked out files to a USB drive and proceed with the up date.