What's new

Spacemouse Icons

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
There appear to be hundreds of .svg stored in the Alibre resources and I'm guessing these are potentially copyright Alibre. I doubt anyone would get too troubled if a limited number were shared for the purpose of getting nice icons in the radial menus. Probably need to ask permission..
Sorry, I didn't read this earlier if I had I would have commented first. I understand your intent, attaching the zip was wrong without permission. Working with other software and libraries that are opensource or where companies allow design assets to be shared on their forums, I forget Alibre Design is not open or opensource.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Just to make you all aware of the Alibre EULA, Section 2 (d) ...

1699896043942.png

Just make sure you are working within these conditions, unless you have spoken to Alibre LLC and they are happy to deviate from it! I'm pretty sure extracting resources from an application and sharing those on a 'public' forum is a direct infringement guys!

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
It's a tricky subject. As you know I've put together a couple of add-ons. I suspect it is highly unlikely that anyone would develop an add-on without examining the Alibre dll. As I understand, the alibrex dll is the 'public' interface everything else being 'private'. That said, I've certainly referenced classes in some of these dll because there was no option if I wanted a working add-on. I have however always been careful not to distribute any Alibre dll with my code since that would be a clear breech of the license conditions.
I've always worked on the basis that if someone wants to use one of my add-ons, they have already got legitimate access to Alibre.
This is starting to go outside of the main topic. Alibre can help us navigate this and I hope they will soon. It is a gray area if we are talking about third party developers vs normal end-users. Developers are routinely accessing content/information that is hidden from end-users in our daily work. Many companies that have API's often require developers to agree/sign an NDA to prevent developers from sharing anything related to development. A developer license is often used for this purpose.

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
If you want the image/icon grid, here are the generated files and the Affinity Design file for reference. My program that make image grids found errors in some of the svg files and skipped those files accounting for the blank/missing icons in the image. I can share the Java program if anyone is interested.
1699901737038.png
1699901665403.png
1699901674737.png
1699901679407.png

Attachments

• svgs-image-grid.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited: