What's new

Spatial Released ACIS R15 in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

swertel

Alibre Super User
Spatial Released ACIS R15 in June

http://www.spatial.com/news_events/releases/r15_html

I've just been catching up on my press releases today and noticed that Spatial released ACIS R15 in June. Why is this important?

Because with this release ACIS now supports Windows XP64. Now that the kernel Alibre uses supports 64-bit, they can start developing Alibre AD64! Everyone, start supporting Gaspar's signature file and log those enhancement requests.

--Scott

Mibe

Alibre Super User

Luckily there is flexibility enough in the management to "listen to the customers" and adapt to their needs instead of waste a lot of effort to include advance surface modelling.

It will probably arrive some day, when the users are ready for it ;-)

MikeB

Re:

jon_banquer said:
Two years ago Greg Milliken promised me that Alibre would start making use of the surfacing functionality that is available in the ACIS kernel and that companies like Concepts Unlimited, Ashlar-Vellum, Kubotek (Formerly Cadkey) make extensive use of.

After two years Alibre is still completely void of extensive surfacing functionality in the ACIS kernel.

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona

Hi Guys and Gals,
This fellow is not an Alibre user and this forum is an Alibre user group. I looked up all of his posts and it appears to me that he is only interested in starting arguments for whatever reason. I would like to propose we banish this fellow to the neather regions of the internet. Anybody else?

scarr

Re: Banishment

Keel haul 'im, over the side you go m' boy. This forum is based of constructive conversation. Personal attacks on registerd members, and users of the Alibre software should never be tolerated. Anyone violating these rules should be banned from ever posting to this forum again, especially after they have been repeatedly warned about such behavoir. No CAD application is perfect. All are in a state of constant evolution. Users should explore the different applications and determine for themselves, based on features, price, support, training costs, hardware costs, etc., which system offers them the most bang for the buck. In my case it is Alibre Design that fills all my needs and then some. I hope Jon finds whatever it is he's so desperatly seeking on another forum.

steved

In my case it is Alibre Design that fills all my needs and then some. I hope Jon finds whatever it is he's so desperatly seeking on another forum.[/quote]

Same goes for me.

Cheers

Steve

A

Anonymous

scarr said:
Keel haul 'im, over the side you go m' boy. This forum is based of constructive conversation. Personal attacks on registerd members, and users of the Alibre software should never be tolerated. Anyone violating these rules should be banned from ever posting to this forum again, especially after they have been repeatedly warned about such behavoir. No CAD application is perfect. All are in a state of constant evolution. Users should explore the different applications and determine for themselves, based on features, price, support, training costs, hardware costs, etc., which system offers them the most bang for the buck. In my case it is Alibre Design that fills all my needs and then some. I hope Jon finds whatever it is he's so desperatly seeking on another forum.

"Personal attacks on registerd members, and users of the Alibre software should never be tolerated. "

Agreed.

Will you and your fellow Alibre product loyalists be stopping the personal attacks anytime soon because you can't handle the FACT that Alibre is so badly lacking and that "Ad CAD" is a regressive milestone ?

:lol:

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona

Ralf

Alibre Super User

@jon_banquer
I smell your cold sweat in Germany here. :roll:
Why are you afraid of Alibre-Design? :?:

Ralf

MilesH

Alibre Super User

jon_banquer said:
Will you and your fellow Alibre product loyalists be stopping the personal attacks anytime soon because you can't handle the FACT that Alibre is so badly lacking and that "Ad CAD" is a regressive milestone

Jon, your "mono-thematic" is itself pretty regressive. Why do you expect Alibre to be concerned with problems that the rest of the CAD industry has created, both for itself, and for users of the product?

Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.