What's new

Spherical tolerancing

M00m137

This is quite arcane, I admit, but...

I'm trying to tolerance a spherical sheet metal part with some cutouts. It seems that ASME Y14 (I should be using ISO, but google hasn't told me what ISO says about this situation yet) allows the use of circularity tolerance, but with an SØ instead of just Ø for the diameter.

I'm guessing I will have to draw this manually, unless anyone knows another way? Or should I just mark this as a feature request?

This is quite arcane, I admit, but...

I'm trying to tolerance a spherical sheet metal part with some cutouts. It seems that ASME Y14 (I should be using ISO, but google hasn't told me what ISO says about this situation yet) allows the use of circularity tolerance, but with an SØ instead of just Ø for the diameter.

I'm guessing I will have to draw this manually, unless anyone knows another way? Or should I just mark this as a feature request?
1) I am glad that you recognize that ANSI is no more and thar ASME has replaced (and gutted) what ANSI used to do. [You probably have no idea how many "heated discussions" I get into with people who do not understand that ASME Y14.100 has replaced ANSI Y14.5.]

2) The Diameter Symbol ("ø") is made by holding down the "<Alt>" key and entering (on the "Numeric Keypad") "0248". This allows you to create a "" value reasonably simply.