What's new

Spirit level

rollin45

Greetings !

I am trying to figure out how to first model, and then render a spirit level, or bubble level as it is sometimes known. I have to admit I really don't even know how to get started.

I know I could model a thin tube and then make it fairly transparent , but the actual bubble inside the tube has me baffled. I wonder if anyone could throw me a hint as to how to approach this.

thanks in advance
rollin'

after thinking about this some more, I did this....

now I would sketch another circle around the existing circle and extrude it to length,, now I guess my question is a matter of rendering and I truely don't have a clue here

Attachments

• glass tube with bubble.AD_PRT
    92 KB · Views: 92

rollin45

Thanks to both of you. I have some more things to to try to wrap my head around,,

Steve, what did you use to render the glass tube? Is this from our own onboard rendering program? I have tried it a couple of times in the past, but gave it up. I have been looking around at rendering programs, but I don't know enough about them to make an informed choice.

I think I can model the bubble in the tube ok now, but in order to do what I would like to do, I need to be able to make this as realistic looking as possible, which entails a good render ....

once again ,, thanks to you both

rollin'

scarr

Hi rollin'
I just used the Alibre PhotoRender tool - I also use Hypershot when it's called for.