What's new

Splined carburettor tool

beastro

Hi,

Does anybody of you have a model for a splined carburettor adjustment tool?

Thanks!

Berthold

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Can't you model one? A search on Google shows several different spline styles. If you know the spline style you need...

beastro

Can't you model one? A search on Google shows several different spline styles. If you know the spline style you need...

That is my intention, but I have been looking for the measurments and can't find them. The screw head is deeply embedded in the carburettor, so I cannot reach it to measure it. This is the part. Anyway, I keep on searching.

upload_2020-4-22_18-42-23.png

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Use the picture you have, import it into an Alibre Drawing then trace a sketch around it. Copy that sketch and paste it into a model sketch to extrude and create your model. If you know the diameter of the adjustment screw head that will help you get the size correct by scaling the image before you trace it.

beastro

Use the picture you have, import it into an Alibre Drawing then trace a sketch around it. Copy that sketch and paste it into a model sketch to extrude and create your model. If you know the diameter of the adjustment screw head that will help you get the size correct by scaling the image before you trace it.
Good idea!! I did not think about doing it that way. I'll try it out.

Thanks!!

anson

I used an automatic tracer to trace your image if it helps.

Attachments

• 267a5316-927a-402f-bc5e-d22d7a19cc78_1.b137c86644bbe62e931cef506bbba371.dxf
    197.5 KB · Views: 8