What's new

Strange callouts in Alibre

aptivaboy

Hi all,

Last night, for some bizarre reason Alibre just started acting buggy and slow for no apparent reason. Then, it crashed. And, crashed again after restart. Well, now the display looks like this, with black squares instead of dimension call outs. Any idea how to reset this back to normal? It's also suddenly extremely slow, with rotation and changing views sluggish even with comparatively small parts. Any ideas? I've not updated the PC nor added any software. Everything nonessential is disabled under startup; Alibre just suddenly started acting wonky without warning.

Many thanks,

Bob

Attachments

• Screenshot (350).png
    Screenshot (350).png
    846.6 KB · Views: 32

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
This looks to me like a graphics card issue. I seen to recall that on an old Dell laptop I had several years ago it started giving me this sort of display just before it went toes up. Have you updated the graphics driver lately?

BTW, do you always use have the grid display turned on? It's just that I don't see many designers use the grid much anymore.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Also a corrupted file does that too. Had similar happen on the odd occasion. Best (as in safest) remedy is the start the part/assembly from scratch.

aptivaboy

34 inch HP Envy monitor. I'm getting old eyes and I need the real estate!

I think I got it fixed. Somehow or other, the Nvidia control panel stopped recognizing that Alibre/Geomagic was a program and defaulted to the crappy integrated graphics instead of the GTX card. I've reset that and for the moment it seems to work. Seems to... We shall see.

Dumb question of the day, what is this grid that you're referring to?

Last edited:

aptivaboy

It's on sale!

Seriously, I couldn't stand squinting at the laptop's screen any longer, even a 17-incher. This is so much nicer. And, it comes with an integrated pop up and down webcam, plus some very nice built-in speakers (much nicer than the usual monitor speakers) so you can rock out while modeling. It also means that one can have multiple windows open simultaneously, and they can be of useful size. It doesn't have a great deal of adjustability, but if you set your desk up properly beforehand it shouldn't be a problem. Book numbers are a 60hz refresh rate, but you can push that much higher with an AMD card. There's a nice review of this monitor on Youtube from Tech of Tomorrow, if you're interested.

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Dumb question of the day, what is this grid that you're referring to?
It's the light gray, horizontal and vertical lines that appear to be on the background of your image. It only displays and is used in Sketch mode (if it is turned on in Sketch>Display) , which I assume your are in because of the dimensions on your active sketch.