What's new

Sub-Assemblies in BOM

Mika

Hey.

beginner question, but how to show only "first level" parts, just like sub-assemblies in a BOM?

Mika

Hey. Is there a same kind of possibility for different configuratuons of One part? Different configurations would ne nice to see on a different BOM lines.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Configurations are supported in AD Expert. If different configurations are used in an assembly, AND you add a column to the BoM to display either 'Configuration Name' OR 'Part-Configuration Name' then the number of rows will expand such that each configuration used gets its own line in the BoM.
ConfigsBOM.jpg

Mika

Few things more and my drawings start to be just as I want to.
  1. How to anchor bom list on the drawing board corner?
  2. How to get assembly total weight on the drawing? (I made my own drawing template, but I didn't found the weight "property value".)

In design properties of the sub-assembly, check the 'treat as part in BoM' box.
Although I would like the "'Treat as Part in BoM" to be a default setting rather tha something I turn ON in every Assembly as , with almost zero exceptions the components of an Assembly are defined in the Assembly's Drawing. -- Lew

Mika

I need main assy weight on the title block. Bom-list sub-assemblies weights are show’n ok on the bom-list lines.

Mika

Weight needed in the ”property values”.

Attachments

• 049C683C-593C-4191-AA8A-E4437165781F.jpeg
    049C683C-593C-4191-AA8A-E4437165781F.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 20
I need main assy weight on the title block. Bom-list sub-assemblies weights are show’n ok on the bom-list lines.
My argument is that all such values should be accessible through the Equation Editor Values for accessibility and applicable anywhere in either Design Modeling or Drafting. -- Lew

Mika

Stefan that looks ok, but can I still have normal assembly parts list on the drawing? Two Boms in same drawing?

It's a "one column one row custom bom"
Stefan -- At least here in the U.S. the "Total Weight" value is part of (usually Sheet 1) Title Block entries. -- And then for my weirdie, why not allow weight to be measured in grains, picograms, etc. rather than limiting it to lbs and (incorrectly) kg/gr? And, while off on this tangent, why not allow (say) furlongs and cubits for distance? [Back in the dark ages I had to rework an "engineering analysis" where speed was listed in furlongs per fortnight.]

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Lew,
as well as i'm not the one to ask for this
why not allow weight to be measured in
it might be the same reason why we here in german do not have the possibility to choose Schiffzentner, Neulot, Skrupel or Korn...
Regards
Stefan