What's new

Suddenly having trouble

rollin45

I haven't used Alibre for a little while, and today started a new project. I was able to complete four or five simple parts and upon starting the next part, suddenly the part space went weird. The axis indicator was spinning and the drawing space plane was rotating, the whole work space with the tool bars and all didn't load all at once and finally I got an error message: HResult: 0XC000005 , big red x across the screen.

I have re-installed Alibre, re-installed the latest nvidia drivers, changed from Alibre 32 bit to 64 bit, all to no avail. I've searched the forum and the driver update advice didn't seem to do the trick. Wondering if anyone has a fix?

rollin'

rollin45

Not sure if this will throw any light on the subject, but here is the error report as sent to the mother ship.

Attachments

• error report.jpg
    error report.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 67

rollin45

Egads!!

First, I have to thank Alibre support, Neil S. galloped to the rescue.

Second , it was my own stupid fault, I have a 3D mouse, 3d connexion space explorer and I had bumped a book sitting on my desk and it was pressing on the "top hat" causing everything to rotate. I hadn't noticed this and assumed it was software. The good thing is that I have now done every bit of maintainence known to man on this system, I have updated every driver and version of software that could possibly have been at issue and now, I have even straightened up my desk.

Thanks again to Alibre support ,

rollin'