What's new

Suggest a Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was requested to fill out a "request a feature" form in another thread.

I notice looking through all of the suggestions none of them have been "reviewed" or commented on by developers.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
A byproduct of our mass import from a previous system is that much of the data surrounding that stuff was lost. We are currently all heads down for the next release in a few days, after which we will begin looking through them en masse. There are over 1000 existing suggestions from years ago, some of which have already been fixed, or are no longer relevant, etc. and they need to be combed through. But don't let their current status discourage you from making suggestions - it's temporary.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
A bunch of them looked to have been fulfilled already.

Max is there another route to suggest minor improvements (usability bugs)? I would consider an ill fit for the feature request page.

A couple examples:
Sorting order of the items in Standard Views Creation's Design drop down list should be alphanumerical - I'm unsure how it sorts currently.
Items in Standard Views Creation's Design drop down list from M-Files should hide the underlying internal folder structure since it is normally meaningless to the user.

metalsys

I really would like to see the feature returned that allowed me to turn on the Locate componet: free drag/use triad: indicate a direction: choose a component while holding down the ctrl and c keys: and then insert a duplicate and move along the same axis line.

Right now, I have to insert a new or duplicate part and then align it to the existing part. The old way was so much easier.

I know I can do this with linear part pattern, but I want the old way back.

Thanks

I shall "resuggest" that the "File Properties->General->Part Data" definition/entry set be converted into a user-definable and user-loadable (alibre_unicode type) CSV file that defines those "Part Data" properties needed for a given design task. The point is that it should not be that much more difficult than implementing the Hole Preset System with much wider usage!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe such suggestion are better off in the 'Suggest a Feature' area of the Forum - not in this spurious thread that has already drifted from where it started....

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I agree with David. And I suggest everyone have a gander to see what is there already. Some very interesting points... if we expect to see change we need to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.