What's new

Support.alibre.com intermittent issue

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We are in the process of migrating our support back end to another platform. You may see a temporary SSL (security certificate) issue when visiting support.alibre.com. We expect this to resolve reasonably soon. Just FYI.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
@Max ,
I see the updated support ticket page but how do we access all the previous tickets that are still in process? Will we still be able to add comments or additional files etc. to those tickets.

And will we need a new password if one in needed?

Last edited:

Jonathan

Administrator
Staff member
@HaroldL You can still update tickets by responding to an email that you received related to the ticket. When you respond, a comment will be added and you can attach additional files as needed. There is not a login section for the new ticket system. All the previous ticket details and files were migrated to the new system.

@NateLiqGrav This new system is fully integrated with our customer database and licensing system. We consolidated our customer management systems to make it easier and faster for us to get ticket responses out to customers. This new system also gives us more visibility with tracking specific issues and feature requests.

Previously, the support team had to navigate between 3 systems to find/modify information for customer accounts and licenses. Our sales team and reseller channel couldn't see any ticket information either... so when a customer reached out... there was a lot of back and forth to figure out what the status was on a ticket. Now everything exists in one system that is visible by support/sales/development/QA. Certainly a step forward for us internally :)

We are working on a mechanism for customers to view ticket status and update tickets through an automated self-service system. I'm hoping to make this available within the next month or so. Instead of having to manage login information - you'll be able to enter your ticket number along with the email associated with your ticket to retrieve ticket information to make updates as needed.

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You can still update tickets by responding to an email that you received related to the ticket. When you respond, a comment will be added and you can attach additional files as needed. There is not a login section for the new ticket system. All the previous ticket details and files were migrated to the new system.
... Instead of having to manage login information - you'll be able to enter your ticket number along with the email associated with your ticket to retrieve ticket information to make updates as needed.

I liked the old system in that I could look at a ticket and see all the history if any back-and-forth messages. It's not a big deal but for now I will keep all the emails I get from support where before I would delete them and view the updates on the support page ticket. As long as it cleans up your internal processes and we eventually get to view the tickets on line, or not, it's something I can get used to now that I know how it works. And not requiring a login will be nice too.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
And not requiring a login will be nice too.
Now we will need to put an email and a license key each time we create one instead.

If it makes a significant positive impact internally for supporting customers that's great, but if at the same time - it makes it more difficult for customers to report and track bugs it will hurt the software more in the long run. Hopefully I'm just overestimating the issue.

Jonathan

Administrator
Staff member
Now we will need to put an email and a license key each time we create one instead.

If it makes a significant positive impact internally for supporting customers that's great, but if at the same time - it makes it more difficult for customers to report and track bugs it will hurt the software more in the long run. Hopefully I'm just overestimating the issue.

It's optional to enter a license code when you submit a ticket on support.alibre.com. Entering a license code automatically populates every detail we have for customers. This makes it easier to serve customers and displays all the details our support team needs on one screen.

You can also email support@alibre.com to create a ticket. Assuming your email exists inside our customer database... there is a mechanism to automatically populate the ticket details with all your information.

Nothing has really changed in regards to entering a ticket. The new ticket entry form is nearly identical to the old one and customers/non-customers can still create tickets simply by emailing support@alibre.com or by navigating to support.alibre.com.