What's new

suppressed features are gone for good??

drbris

When I suppress a feature in a part it does not just grey out it is gone for good.I can undo and it comes back but if I save the part the feature is gone for good!!
Anyone else have this problem??
Alibre Design Version: 2017.1.2 64-bit [Build 18701]

drbris

I can drag the feature to the other side of the history bar and the feature will be suppressed but right clicking and suppressing a feature in a part makes it go away (same as deleting). Right clicking on a part and suppressing in an assembly works. In my mind suppressing features in parts worked in previous version but I could be remembering incorrectly?Or is my computer glitching? If not why the different approaches?

oldfox

Alibre Super User
In the part space, I tried suppressing an Extrude Boss, a Sketch and a Mirror. No problems. Everything suppresses and comes back as
usual. Properly. Suppressing, saving and closing Alibre and then reopening and loading the same part produced no ill effects. All of the
suppressed features were there. I am running the same version AD as you.

drbris

I thought it used to work that way .Just noticed when I try to suppress a mirror it does the same thing. Option is greyed out on sketch. Also when I suppress either one the history bar disappears !! I guess I should try to reinstall or wait for next weeks release?

When I suppress a feature in a part it does not just grey out it is gone for good.I can undo and it comes back but if I save the part the feature is gone for good!!
Anyone else have this problem??
I use Suppressed Features regularly. No problems here. To give you an idea, every Screw or Bolt has a (normally not Suppressed) Feature that allows me to not see the interference between a Male Thread and a Female Thread when performing an Interference Check. They all work as intended.

drbris

Tried uninstalling the alibrecam demo and it still does it -downloaded and repaired alibre and it still does it.Think I should uninstall and reinstall?? What OS you guys running is this a Win 10 thing?

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Do you have the ability (software) to clean the registry? If so, uninstall Alibre, reboot and run the cleaner.
I would uninstall Alibre. Shutdown computer. Reboot and reinstall Alibre. Then see what happens.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Try deleting your user profile - that can fix all kinds of user interface weirdness.

Windows Vista/7/8:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Alibre Design\User_Name
Windows 10:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Alibre Design\default user

Delete the "user.NET Profile" file

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Try deleting your user profile - that can fix all kinds of user interface weirdness.

David, as often as this comes up, would it be possible to put some kind of a brain twitcher on the forum home page?
IN BIG RED FONT OR SO

drbris

I deleted AD ran a registry repair and reinstalled - no good. Then I deleted my user.net profile file as suggested by DavidJ
and AD is now working like a charm again. THANKS DavidJ