What's new

Suppressing 3D image

Old Geeser

I created a part by revolving a sketch around an axis. Now I need to go back into the sketch and make some changes. The sketch is a little busy and the 3d image of the revolve makes it hard to see the sketch. Is there a way to "turn off the image while I edit the sketch?

Design
Version 25
Windows 10

Attachments

• Mott_Hammer_Handle3.AD_PRT
    739 KB · Views: 8

Latitude

Right now all the features are in the sketch so it makes sense it's a bit tough to manage.

It would be easier if the fillet at the base was it's own feature rather than part of the sketch. Would also suggest the little notches be made as a linear pattern after making one cut rather than having all the cuts be part of the sketch.

These links may help:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
As @Latitude suggested, simplify the sketch. It is easier to modify/control several simple sketches and features than one complex sketch with all features.

Here is the main sketch with all the notches removed.
1677214452555.png

Here is a sketch for the notch.

1677214497211.png

And here is the revolve cut for the notch and a linear pattern to complete the handle.

1677214570502.png

Old Geeser

Thanks to all three of you. You all had very good solutions. I had thought of the linear pattern, but by the time I realized it I was already too far into it. I am a relative newbie. And have a lot to learn. This forum has been invaluable, and I really appreciate it. Thanks again.
karl

Old Geeser

You know, Oldbelt, that is probably the easiest idea. It just never occurred to me. I tried deleting the notches and recreating them as HaroldL suggested, but I am so new, I was not successful in getting the notch in the correct spot. This forum just has to be one of the best ever. Thanks again everyone.