What's new

Surface Tutorial?

Hi all,

I recently purchased Alibre Design Professional for creating 3D Printable CAD models. I have used Creo at work (CMM Programing) for several years and really enjoy its simplicity. Alibre has a similar feel to me and I have been trying to apply my understanding of Creo to it with general success. But I can't seem to get the surfacing tools in Alibre to work. They are all grayed out no matter what I try. Is there a surfacing tutorial somewhere that will walk me through their functionality step by step?

Thanks much,
Brad J. Morris

idslk

Alibre Super User
Maybe the help will take you further...
For which purpose you want to use surface tools?

Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I tried the help menu but it tells me to select the surfacing tab, but when I do, all of the options are grayed out. Even if I have a model created.

I'm not sure what I might use the surfacing tools for yet. I was going to experiment with the various options just to see what it can do.

Thanks,
Brad

Alibre Design™ Professional
Version: V24 64-bit [Build 24043]

idslk

Alibre Super User
all of the options are grayed out
The help and the compare sheet says surface tools should be enabled in Professional (here in expert they are available...).
As far as i know there are no further settings necessary to enable them.
It might be an install issue. It looks like a question for the support.

Regards
Stefan

Thank you. Maybe the Alibre Atom demo that I was testing before purchasing the Design Pro version is causing a conflict. I'll contact support.

Thanks,
Brad

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Thank you. Maybe the Alibre Atom demo that I was testing before purchasing the Design Pro version is causing a conflict. I'll contact support.

Thanks,
Brad

I started with Atom, then upgraded to Design later too. I Had similar issues in that some of the Design Pro features were locked after the upgrade.

Even after a complete un-install of Atom, and a clean install of Alibre Design. I had trouble.

there were some residual Atom files that were skipped by the Atom uninstall, and the Design installation was apparently opening using data from those residual files.

After a call to Alibre support, I was able locate and delete the files then reinstall Design, and it worked fine after that. I seem to remember it being some kinda license file, in a hidden folder.

Last edited: