What's new

Swimming Assemblies

The purpose of my assembly is to alllow me to closely study the motion i'm theorizing about! i need to be able to watcn it very closely. The problem i'm having is that the whole assembly drawing swims as I'm trying to manipulate only the mechanism.. I want to be able to maniputlate and then possibly make an adjustment they try then maniputle then try etc?

The motion i impart to the mechanism pushes the assembly all over my work space. i need to be able to have it hold still (base of the assembly) so that all that is moving are the components i've created!! Tried 'anchoring' doesnt help.

Version 24 Expert
16 gig ram
Winddows 10 pro

The purpose of my assembly is to alllow me to closely study the motion i'm theorizing about! i need to be able to watcn it very closely. The problem i'm having is that the whole assembly drawing swims as I'm trying to manipulate only the mechanism.. I want to be able to maniputlate and then possibly make an adjustment they try then maniputle then try etc?

The motion i impart to the mechanism pushes the assembly all over my work space. i need to be able to have it hold still (base of the assembly) so that all that is moving are the components i've created!! Tried 'anchoring' doesnt help.

Version 24 Expert
16 gig ram
Winddows 10 pro
thank you thank you!! i had it ancored this time and apparently i corrupted the anchor constraint. Thats why it worked then it didn't! put it back