What's new

Switching between views don't persist is this the correct behavior?

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
This is a custom skin, however this is not related to coding.

I never noticed this but the views don't persist after changes. Another thought is that a quad view would default to the standard orthographic projections ( 3rd angle;1st angle).

This was the view positions before the change:

1708189461962.png
And after the change:

1708189469442.png
The views don't make sense. My question is whether this is a known issue or am I doing something not in the Alibre way. Thanks for any insight into what's causing this.
Video Gif

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I've been following your numerous posts about the programing you are doing with Alibre and trying figure out just what the heck you are trying to accomplish. :confused: I'm no programmer so nothing I've seen posted makes any sense to me other than there seems to be a lot of questions asked. Is this some sort of exercise in AI programing? Is there some result you are working toward that will be useful to Alibre, the user community as a whole, or just something to satisfy your curiosity? :confused:

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
The short answer is I'm building a skin for Alibre, similar to a Rhino3D skin.

I've always used Alibre for the API and as a general 3D CAD tool. I understand how It can seem odd to you. Last year I started using Alibre in my workflow more regularly and this year I decided to build a skin. I plan to opensource a version and the demo projects. The skin application is a more integrated setup that will allow me to integrate other apps such as Rhino, Dynamo and VS Code.

This app is used to test commands and is very useful!
Testbed-App-Ribbon.gif
Thanks,
@Max for releasing the icons
@bolsover for Keyboard and Shortcuts
@NateLiquidGravity for the Shortcuts script
I map Alibre commands to my buttons, right click menus and shortcuts.

Edit:

I'll make a new post about the skin eventually...
An important reason for a skin is it allows for the latest development tools to be used (NET8+ and C# 12). I'll have builds for Alibre's built framework version NET48 and NETCore versions - NET6/7/8+. Rhino 8 = NET48 and NET7, Dynamo 3.0 = NET8, VS Code = Latest NETCore versions, NET48 has limited support

Last edited:

kritoke

The Orientations dialog can change the selected viewport. This is helpful I might be able to automate this.

View attachment 41115
I appreciate the work you are doing on this. After playing with moi3d a lot, I missed it when going back into Alibre. Playing in Rhino3d recently and do miss it as well when going back. Now that I have a better idea if 3d sketches in Alibre, this would be more useful now to me.

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
Great to hear from someone who like to have multiple viewports. This is a known issue, related posts:

Many of my questions seem to be old news. This forum is awesome, however it would help to have a list of known issues and bugs.