What's new

Temporary instances of "CHANGE_LOST_ENT" error

Since upgrading to AD 2011, I've had numerous instances of the following scenario happening.

A) Edit a Part file
B) Save the sketch
C) Notice that some feature, generally (always?) lower down on the Explorer list, is showing a red error icon on the feature entry.
D) Examining the status of the feature shows this message: CHANGE_LOST_ENT: attempt to change record marked as deleted.
E) Often, but not always, selecting "Generate to Last Feature" (the regen button) will clear the error icon on the affected feature.

This has happened on some very small and simple parts; it is not limited to huge and complex part files.

Normally I'd just send this in to Support, but it is somewhat elusive and transient, and so I thought I'd ask on the forum to see if anyone else had experienced this problem or had suggestions.

Thank you for reading!
Dave

dwc

Alibre Super User
I find there are two instances when this error shows up.
1) projections to a sketch with association where the projected part has been removed.
2) features that were made on sketch planes that were later removed.
In general it is better to insert a new plane to work on than place a sketch on an existing feature. There is no way in AD to change the sketch plane of a feature. So if at some time you edit away the feature on which a sketch is placed the sketch is "lost in space". If you however place the sketch on a plane you can later recover it.
Have fun!
Don