What's new

Text size between two computers

JL82

I have two computers (Laptop and desktop). I have created the drawing by desktop and there is text size "14" on "file properties". I opened the drawing on the laptop so text size is "11". I have custom template but I tried with standard template also. Text size is different between laptop and desktop always.

The text size of ISO A0 template is 8 on the laptop and 10 on the desktop

Do you have same problems?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to behave OK for me. Are you referring to dimension text or annotation text size in drawing properties?

For ISO A0 I see 10pt as size for both dimension text and annotation text on my desktop and on my laptop.

JL82

DavidJ said:
Seems to behave OK for me. Are you referring to dimension text or annotation text size in drawing properties?

For ISO A0 I see 10pt as size for both dimension text and annotation text on my desktop and on my laptop.

Yes, Also I see 10pt on my desktop but 8pt on my laptop. I checked size from drawing properties.

Could the operating system affects? I have Win 8.1 on the laptop.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I don't suppose you've added a dimension style to laptop that has different size settings?

Could template on laptop be from an older version of the software ? (I wouldn't have thought so if standard templates from the default location).

JL82

I got the reply a moment ago from Geomagic:

"please go to Windows Control Panel > Display and change the user defined Font Scaling in DPI to the same value on both computers to have the same text size."

The scale was 125% on the laptop.