What's new

The car company logo thread...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
I want to start a new "Car company logo" thread to have fun.. :D

Please no "car logos" from the right side from this page.

Now I want to start with: Opel/GM and I hope there is also a logo for Lexus available, Toshi what do you think ? :lol:

Attachments

• Car-logo.jpg
    Car-logo.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 135
  • untitled.18.jpg
    untitled.18.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 145

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Great choice, because I have a Vectra wich also was also voted "car of the year" in the US last year (Saturn Aura)! :)

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Michael, hopefully also in the next year ... :lol:

Ok, the next: Audi

Attachments

• Audi-logo.jpg
    Audi-logo.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 136
  • untitled.22.jpg
    untitled.22.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 145

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Make it someday... :? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• lamborghini_logo1.jpg
    lamborghini_logo1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 128
  • Lamborghini.png
    Lamborghini.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 124

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Anyone know the history of the "Bowtie"?

Louis Chevrolet was on a trip to France to do a pitch for his division of General Motors, only he didn't have a logo for the new make. When he walked into his hotel room, he fell in love with the wallpaper pattern in the room and before he left he tore a patch of it right off the wall and took it with him back to GM in the States. The Bowtie has been Chevy's emblem ever since

There's 3 or 4 different versions of the Bowtie, but since this is 3D modeling I made the one that appears in most Chevy truck grilles, including my own '98 S10: a black emblem with beveled edges containing a gold-tinted clear plastic inlay.

Attachments

• bowtie.zip
    84.4 KB · Views: 118
  • bowtie.PNG
    bowtie.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 120

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Mike

That´s your bowtie model: :D

Attachments

• untitled.30.jpg
    untitled.30.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 139
  • untitled.32.jpg
    untitled.32.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 121

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
ralf3 said:
Hi Mike

That´s your bowti model: :D
NICE.

Yeah, I don't have any kind of rendering program here at work, so I try to make do with the .pdf publisher. :(

Can you render the one I have up now? I changed it and reloaded the .zip and the image, thought of a different way to do the inlay. Doesn't show up as well as it did before on my end, but properly rendered it oughta really pop. 8)

EDIT: Yanno, with the economy the way it is and car companies falling apart at the seams, I wonder how desperate for cash one of 'em would have to be to sue all our sorry butts for trademark infringement? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
@Ralf - Yanno, I actually kinda like the 1st one better :lol:

Naturally, I overwrote that version instead of making a whole other inlay model like I should've :roll:

I'm back on the clock right now , but if I think of it I'll take a picture of the grille emblem on my Dime once I get off work & upload it when I get to the R/C track tonight. My fellow Bowtie Brothers (is Andris/"z28tt" looking?) and Dezert Dimers will have to forgive me, the inlay on my truck got cracked.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Mike,

Yes, me too, I like also the first one. :D

...I think we need to tease Toshi a little bit, otherwise he will never finish his model :lol:

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
ralf3 said:
...I think we need to tease Toshi a little bit, otherwise he will never finish his model :lol:
If he can pull that off with any kind of accuracy, the Design Contest is OVER. :lol:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Oh, nice MadCap :) Greetings to Regensburg

Créateur d`Baguette :lol: sorry ...d´automobiles

Attachments

• untitled.38.jpg
    untitled.38.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Renault.jpg
    Renault.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 122

MadCap